A specialty exterior door can make your home stand out among your neighbors, illustrate your sense of style and add value to your home.
When it comes to specialty exterior doors for your home, the options are nearly limitless. With today’s technology, you can choose from a number of building materials, from fiberglass to wood to steel and more, as well as a virtual rainbow of colors and assortment of accents.
Here are some things to think about when selecting a specialty exterior door (or doors) for your home:
• Durability. You want something that will hold up to the elements. While all exterior doors are designed that way, some products weather changing seasons better than others.
• Versatility. You don’t have to choose between a specialty exterior door that looks nice and accents your home and one that provides additional security. You can have the best of both worlds.
• Appearance. The primary reason to install a specialty exterior door is what it adds to your home, both in value and aesthetics. Choose something that matches your style and your home and you will enjoy looking at for years to come (even if you plan on selling your home)
• Insulation. Doorways are one of the largest energy drains on your home. Make sure you pick a material that will help keep you cool in the summer, warm in the winter—and the drafts out all year long.
• A warranty. It should raise a red flag if a manufacturer isn’t willing to back up their product.
Choosing a new specialty exterior door is an important decision. Our experienced craftsman and certified experts will work with you to make the right choice to fit your style, vision and budget. Contact us today for a free estimate.
The Original Downriver Door & Window in Southgate services the needs of Allen Park, Brownstown, Lincoln Park, Riverview, Romulus, Southgate, Taylor.
The Original Downriver Door & Window